Sunday, January 18, 2009

Good News In The News!!! And a REAL Hero and other HEROS

When the Miracle on the Hudson was on every news station...and continues to be...I felt such joy that we were actually, as a country, able to continue to watch good news on TV and to see what a REAL Hero is...who actually saved SO many lives...this amazing pilot...AND his crew...deserve this attention and more...
And on Tuesday, there will be an amazing celebration of hope in this country...as I have stated before, I am a short term nanny and can pick up work when I want to...I am not working on Tuesday...I will be glued to my TV watching this entire event.
This week, watching TV , I am touched and excited.
Here in Massachusetts, we lost one of our beloved Boston firefighters to a horrible crash...thousands of firefighters came to his funeral. As SO very sad this was...to see on the news another hero being honored and talked about so much touched me.
We need to talk more about the good and to honor the true heros in our country more...
There are tons of them...and of all ages.
And we need to spend more time on the good news...and know that life truly has much more good than bad...with some amazing people and amazing stories.,..and that heros and miracles deserve much more attention,,,because there is so much more good in this world that bad.
On that..I will end this post...knowing that it has been a few weeks since writing...
With wishing everyone a wonderful 2009...and a year of hope and great feelings

5 comments:

Zippy said...

Yes, between the hero who landed that plane and the upcoming inauguration - I have the feeling that 2009 is starting on a VERY positive note (thank goodness).

Diana H said...

I agree, let's focus on the positive and the good in the world. Accentuate the positive!

Cher said...

I agree! Looking for to more posts!

Also, thanks for posting my button!

Kim @ What's That Smell said...

That is so true! We need to focus on the good because there IS good out there. We just lose sight of it!

Unknown said...

It was a great story :)